What are the best water table for 1-year-olds?
A water table is a plastic toy table with different types of themes, accessories, and toy elements on the desktop. It is suitable for babies and toddlers who can stand or at least sit steadily without assistance.
Water tables are mostly used outdoors in the backyard or on the decks. But you will also come across water tables that are suitable for indoor use.
In this article, we will explore the best water table for 1-year-olds. You will also find the answer to some commonly asked questions about water play tables. Let’s dive right in.
Best Water Table for 1-Year-Old Babies: BEST OVERALL
Why Is It the Best?
- Entertaining rainfall effect loved by kids
- Activation of water spinners, pipes, bucket teaches kids cause and effect
- Includes 13 accessories for unlimited fun
- Big enough for multiple kids to play together
- Easy to assemble
Looking for the best water table for 1-year-old babies is not easy because most water table toys are designed for kids 3-years or older. However, Step 2 Rain Showers Water Table is an excellent one that will grow with your small toddler. As your little one pours water into the top container, she will be amused to see the mini waterfall she created. As water moves down to the bottom, it will activate pipes, spinners, and wheels along the way and create different water movements. What a fantastic way to teach cause and effect!
Measuring 32 inches tall, this water table is ideal for 1-year-old boys and girls. Plus, this play table has a decent size to allow multiple kids to play together. With so many accessory toys such as squirters, maze pieces, and a rubber duck, this water table will bring hours of fun for your little tot throughout the summer.
Best Sandbox and Water Table Combo for 1-Year-Old Babies
Why We Love It?
- 2-in-1 sandbox and water table combo
- Removable umbrella for sun protection
- Molded-in roadways on the lid as an extra toy
What is another thing that 1-year-old babies love to play with besides water? Sand! The Step 2 Cascading Cove is a remarkable sandbox and water table 2-in-1 combo for unlimited ways of play. This spacious activity table has two sides that can both be used for water or sand. Another feature to love is the removable umbrella. It makes it possible for your baby to play outside on a sunny day.
This play table can hold up to 10 lbs of sand and 3 gallons of water. It also comes with 2 boats, 2 bridges pieces, a double-sided rake and shovel, and a cup. Don’t forget, the lid is also a toy as it has molded-in roadways for playing with toy cars. It’s easy to see why Step 2 Cascading Cove is the best water table for 1-year-old babies who love to play with both sand and water.
Best Water Table for 1-Year-Old Sand Lovers
Why We Love It?
- Multi-use for sands, water, and pebbles
- Simple to assemble and easy to store
- Sturdy design and durable material
- Doesn’t take too much space
- The lid helps keep sand and toys clean
If your little one is a beach lover but you don’t have the luxury to leave home, the Crabbie Sand Table will bring the beach to you. Featuring the signature crabbie by Step 2, this water table measures 24 inches in width and depth, perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. The great thing is that besides sand, you can also fill it with water, pebble, softballs, pinecones, snow, pony beads (for bigger kids)…or any small toy that your little one loves. If you leave it outdoors, the lid helps keep your little one’s treasures clean.
As an award winner by Approved Toys Parents Choice Foundation, this play table requires minimal assembly. In addition, it weighs only 10 pounds so that you can easily move it from place to place. That’s what makes this toy table the best water table for 1-year-old kids for all seasons.
Read More: 16 Best Toys for One-Year-Old Boys 2020
Best Water Table for 1-Year-Old Ball Lovers
Why We Love It?
- Three different ball ramps
- Center carousel to spin the balls
- Can add sand and water for extra fun
- Playing with ball flipper to practice hand-eye coordination
- Comes with 10 play balls
This Busy Ball Play Table is hands-down the most versatile water table for 1-year-old kids. There is a wide range of ways to use it. The tabletop activity center features ball ramps, ball chutes, ball flippers, and a spinning wheel. They are superb fun elements to promote your little one’s motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
This ball play table is 31.5 inches wide and deep, perfect for using inside the house since it won’t take too much space. But to make it more fun, you can move it to the backyard or the deck and add water or sand to the table.
Best STEM Learning Water Table for 1-Year-Old Kids
Why We Love It?
- Two sides with play walls
- Open-ended toy that prompts kids to be creative
- Remarkable ways for STEM learning and exercise
- Requires only minimal assembly and doesn’t take too much space
Some parents prefer toys that prompt their kids to think, learn, and solve problems. The Waterfall Discovery Wall is a superb water table toy for STEM play. With the 13 pieces of accessories, your little one can configure paths on both sides for water to flow down. It requires him to observe how water moves and design zig-zag pathways to complete the flow. Why not invite a friend or a sibling to come for a competition as well?
This toy is one of the most parent-friendly water table as it’s a breeze to put together and store away. The only disappointment is that you can’t find extra assessories if you want to buy more.
Read More: 10 Best STEM Toys for 1-Year-Old Babies
What Is A Water Table Toy?
A water table toy is a tablet-shaped toy that allows kids to engage in activities that involve playing with water. Many water table toys also come with a sandbox. The most common themes of water tables are water parks, pirate ships, castles, and fishing. Most water table toys are intended for outdoor use and are designed for kids who can stand steadily. They usually require some assembly.
Benefits of Playing with Water Tables
There are many reasons why kids are fascinated with water tables. The most obvious one is that they love to experiment with water and sand using their hands. You probably have already noticed how much your little one loves to splash water when you try to bathe her. In addition, most water tables are also activity centers that are loaded with fun elements. The greatest benefits of playing with water tables are:
- Playing with water, sand, pebbles, beads can stimulate your kiddo’s sensory development. It also helps them experiment with different textures. However, You should avoid adding pebbles or beads to the water table until your kid knows not to eat them.
- Some water tables require your kid to design, configure, or construct in order for the water to flow down. This invites your little one to practice critical thinking and problem-solving. It also provides an opportunity to work with friends and siblings, therefore, teaches your kid about teamwork and competition.
- Since water tables are mostly used outdoors, they encourage your baby to stay off the screen and spend more time outdoors in nature. Oxygen-rich fresh air is great for your child’s health and helps them sleep better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Age Are Water Tables For?
To use a water table, your kiddo must be able to stand steadily on her own. Therefore, the recommended minimum age is 18 months. However, most water tables are designed for kids 2 to 3 years or older because they require more developed motor skills and overall body coordination. When you look for the best water table for 1-year-old kids, be sure to check the manufacturer’s manual and make sure it’s suitable for small kids. Small babies tend to lean on the water table and knock it over. Small accessories are also dangerous for 1-year-olds due to choking hazard.
How Do I Keep My Kid’s Water Table Clean?
Water tables are fun and entertaining for kids, but a cleaning nightmare for parents. The main reason is that they are mostly left outdoors, thus collects lots of dust, leaves, and all sorts of dirt. Worst of all, they have so many irregularly shaped parts and accessories, and it’s time-consuming to clean. How do you disinfect your child’s water table and keep it clean? Here are some tips from experienced parents:
1. Choose portable water tables that can be easily moved indoors. The best way to keep a water table clean is to let it air dry and then move it inside the house. There are many excellent water tables, such as the Waterfall Discovery Wall, that are lightweight and portable.
2. To clean a water table, spray or rinse it using a garden hose, wipe down the dirt or food residue, and let it air dry in. Cleaning a water table generally doesn’t require any special solution. But if you prefer, we recommend using the mix of water and vinegar as this is the most natural and effective way to clean kids’ toys. If the play table is tough to clean, you can add 2 teaspoons of bleach to one gallon of water, and use a cloth to wide it down.
3. If you have to leave the water table outdoors, it’s better to find one that comes with a lid. This helps prevent it from collecting falling dirt or dust. If the play table doesn’t come with a lid, you can get a water-resistant fire pit cover to cover the entire water table. However, remember to move it inside in windy weather.
What Can I Put In A Water Table Besides Water and Sand?
Besides water and sand, there are many things you can put in a water table for sensory play. That’s also why a water table is a toy that grows with your kid. You should keep in mind, however, always keep small babies away from small objects that can cause choking hazard. Below are some items that can make a water table more fun to your toddler:
1. Rainbow pebbles
2. Pony beads
3. Knobby balls
4. Soft foam balls
5. Food such as rice, oatmeal, pasta, corn
6. Dried leaves, pinecones, shredded paper